Who We Are
Far East Organization is a Christian enterprise. We seek to be a community of love and a workplace of grace that welcomes Christians and non-Christians alike to work joyfully together. As we join hands to build a garden of enterprise that endures (to honour the vision of our late founder, Mr Ng Teng Fong), we want to do good business and to do good in business.
As a Christian enterprise, we embrace the eternal truths of God’s Word. We apply these truths to our business as these are words of life and business is, after all, a part of life itself. Thus, we operate our business on the solid foundation of our values and our rock who is Jesus Christ. Our core values are Business with Grace, Unity, Integrity, Love, Diligence and we practise these values alongside the teachings of Jesus. Our Christian identity is integral to the brand of Far East Organization.
Our Core Values
Business With Grace
Business with Grace is about according dignity and respect to all of our staff, business partners, and customers. It is also about valuing relationships and the needs of others. With Grace, we are able to achieve win-win outcomes, without any party profiting at the expense of another. In doing so, we build relationships that endure, and are able to do Good Business and do Good in Business.
At Far East Organization, we are united in our mission to build an enduring enterprise. We recognise the importance of working together as a community, embracing individual styles while accepting differences and opinions, thereby turning our diversity into strength.
At the centre of our business are our core values. And at the literal centre of our core values (BUILD) is Integrity, which is a symbolic expression of how Integrity ties all the other core values together.
Having Integrity means being honest in our dealings with everyone in the marketplace: our business partners, our customers and with each other. Even more importantly, having Integrity requires every individual to live an authentic life, free of personal inconsistencies and contradictions.
Love is characterised by us showing genuine care towards others, whether they are our partners, colleagues, or customers. When we have Love, we will show selflessness and put their well-being before our own.
Having Love also means that we demonstrate loyalty and commitment in our relationships. This commitment is made real whenever we exercise our choices and follow up with our actions. And, the guiding principle behind our actions would be this: To do to others what you would have them do to you.
Diligence is a value that is necessary for our other core values to truly flourish.
Diligent individuals do not need to ‘shout’ about themselves, but strive for excellence in everything they do - even the little things - with quiet confidence. Diligence may not always result in immediate payoffs that we can see. But, if Diligence is present over the long run, it creates an unmistakable impact that all can recognise.
At Far East Organization, we are obliged by our Christian values to seek the welfare of the city, support the causes of the needy and show love to our neighbours.
Gift of Space
Through space philanthropy facilitated by the Government’s Community/Sports Facilities Scheme, Far East Organization has gifted purpose-built spaces at our developments for community use. These gifted spaces are located at Clarke Quay Central, hillV2, Junction 10, Novena Specialist Center, SBF Center, and Orchard Central.
In grateful thanksgiving to God for the life of our founder Mr Ng Teng Fong, Far East Organization’s gifting initiatives aim to give back to the Singapore community in a way which also preserves the memory and honours the vision of our founder – to build an enduring enterprise, one that does good business and does good in business.
Agape Services is a Christian social enterprise under Far East Organization, whose aim is to provide meaningful employment and benefits to people with disadvantaged background, as a demonstration of the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.Read More >
Staff Volunteer Programme
Staff members of Far East Organization participate in volunteering projects that contribute to inspiring and improving lives, partnering charities and non-profit organisations for the underprivileged, education and youth programmes, and initiatives that strengthen the family framework.
Jalan Pacheli, Serangoon Gardens area - 72 Terrace homes
▪ First residential property development
Katong Seaview Palace, East Coast area
▪ Singapore’s first 2.5 storey homes with turfed rooftop garden
Watten Estate, Bukit Timah area
▪ Built major project of 2.3 million square feet. Land purchased from Harrison and Crosfield. First in Singapore to build homes linked by the car porch.
▪ First foray into public listed company
Mugliston Hill - Terrace homes
▪ Made inroad into Yio Chu Kang area
Far East Shopping Centre, Orchard Road area
▪ First retail / office development
▪ First foray into Orchard Road
▪ First development in the area to feature a covered pedestrian bridge
▪ First in Singapore to have an atrium, the most number of escalators, and a pair of external escalators
▪ First in Singapore to have a Observatory (Bubble) lift with air-conditioning instead of fan
Far East Plaza
▪ Considered "The Biggest Tourist Shopping Centre in Southeast Asia" then
▪ First on Singapore mainland to have a computerised musical fountain
▪ First residential development offering services
Ming Court Hotel (Renamed Orchard Parade Hotel in 1991 and subsequently rebranded Orchard Rendezvous Hotel in 2018)
▪ Acquired stake from Malayan United Industries
▪ First developer to attain ISO certification for project management
Yeo Hiap Seng
▪ Acquired majority stake in Yeo Hiap Seng
▪ Completed flagship serviced residence
▪ Attained the highest Construction Quality Assessment System (CONQUAS) score for the year and received BCA Best Buildable Design Award
Far East Square
▪ Opened a conserved commercial development
▪ Received URA Architectural Heritage Award
▪ First development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Residential Category)
▪ Also received the BCA Construction Excellence Award
▪ Attained ISO certification for customer service
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
▪ Opened historical General Post Office Building as restored hotel
▪ Received URA Architectural Heritage Award
Far East Square
▪ Second development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Specialised Category)
7 BCA Construction Awards
▪ Most BCA Construction Excellence Awards achieved by a single developer in a single year
LevelOne at Far East Plaza
▪ Launched street level retail concept
▪ Third development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Residential Category)
▪ First executive condominium
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
▪ Fourth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Leisure Category)
▪ First inner city-living project
▪ First 'live-work-play' project by the Singapore River
Novena Medical Center
▪ First foray into healthcare services
Glutton's Square site (Now: Orchard Central)
▪ Clinched key site on Orchard Road
Set up of Kitchen Language
▪ Far East Organization’s restaurant and franchised food arm
The Quincy Hotel
▪ Singapore's first all-inclusive boutique hotel opened
▪ Fifth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Residential Category)
▪ Clinched regional Cityscape Asia Real Estate Award for Best Mixed-Use Development – Built
▪ First new mall to open on Orchard Road in over 10 years
Rental Space for Equity Scheme programme
▪ Conceived the Rental Space for Equity programme to bolster exciting new retail brands and concepts, a first for Singapore retail market
Village Hotels & Residences
▪ Launched new hospitality brand Village Hotels & Residences and the positioning of its cluster of properties
▪ Sixth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence award (Office Category)
▪ Introduced new ultra luxury development arm and brand Inessence
Kitchen Language brought two franchise brands to Singapore
▪ Kitchen Language brought prominent USA franchise brands into Singapore - Cold Stone Creamery (2011) and Dean & DeLuca (2012)
Novena Specialist Center
▪ Second medical centre venture opened
Oasia Hotel Novena
▪ Launched new hotel brand Oasia with the opening of its flagship property, Oasia Hotel Novena
Far East SOHO
▪ Unveiled brand Far East SOHO to champion a new integrated lifestyle concept
Far East Organization
▪ Awarded Best Developer in Southeast Asia and Singapore by South East Asia Property Awards in 2011 and 2015
▪ Seventh development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence (Residential - High Rise Category)
Far East Orchard
▪ Orchard Parade Holdings Limited, Far East Organization’s listed entity, underwent a corporate restructuring exercise and was renamed Far East Orchard
Far East Hospitality Trust
▪ Sponsored the listing of Far East Hospitality Trust (Far East H-Trust) as part of a larger strategy to create structures to support enduring, scalable and sustainable business growth
Novena Lifestyle and Medical Hub
▪ Eighth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence (Specialised Project-Purpose Built Category)
Expansion of Footprint
▪ Far East Orchard’s hospitality arm, Far East Hospitality, through its partnerships with The Straits Trading Company Limited and Australia’s Toga Group, extended its hospitality footprint into Australia, Denmark, Germany, Hungary and New Zealand
▪ Acquired Watertown Brand Outlet Centre (formerly known as Harbour Town Centre) in Perth and Clocktower Square in Sydney
Acquisition of The Big Idea (TBI)
▪ Kitchen Language acquired TBI to expand its stable of F&B offerings
The Westin Sydney
▪ The Westin Sydney and its adjoining Heritage Retail podium jointly acquired by Far East Organization and Sino Group
▪ Kitchen Language and The Big Idea rebranded to Refinery Concepts
▪ Ninth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence (Residential - High-Rise Category)
Discovery Walk on Orchard (comprising Orchard Central, 313@somerset and orchardgateway)
▪ Tenth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d’Excellence (Retail Category)
Oasia Hotel Downtown
▪ Eleventh development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence (Hotel Category)
Store-Y Self-Storage & Agape Laundry
▪ Established two new businesses - Store-Y, a new self-storage facility and Agape, a centralised commercial laundry service
The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
▪ Former Sydney General Post Office, a heritage landmark, rebranded to The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
Village Hotel Ariake Tokyo
▪ The first Far East Hospitality and Far East Organization joint venture hotel to open in Japan.
The Scotts Tower
▪ Twelfth development to receive the FIABCI World Prix d'Excellence (Residential - High-Rise Category)